Help on Logitech MX700 or Duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccoady

Solid State Member
I think I would like to try the Logitech MX700 or maybe the Duo setup but have a few questions. I'm coming from a cheap Microsoft (lightweight) mouse with no additional function buttons. I'm not a gamer but am intrigued with going wireless (for convenience)) and especially with the rechargeable MX700. To the questions:

1. Would I have a hard time adjusting to the heavier MX700 and is it hard to push around? Would my somewhat small hands be an issue?

2.Since I exclusively use Mozzilla Firefox as my browser (I do have IE) will I be able to use any of the neat extra buttons like to go forward and backward in the browser? If not, is it possible a future software update would allow me to do this with Firefox?

3. If the answer to question 2 is no, is there any mouses (mice?) out there that would work with Firefox?

4.Does the MX700 charger have to be on the same plane as the mouse or could it be above it on a shelf?

5. Do I need a special mat or can I just use the mouse on my desktop?

6. Does the keyboard seem to work as well as a corded one? Is it extremely large? And is there anything you don't like about it?

I will be ordering over the net so I won't be able to view these in person so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mike

From what I've heard about the MX700, I wouldnt recommend getting one. I guess there's been a lot of returns of defective MX700s because their side buttons keep falling off.

Instead, I would recommend this mouse .

It doesnt have the side buttons, but it is nice because it has a tilt wheel, its very responsive, its wireless, and its comfortable to use. I never thought I would be so pleased with a mouse...

I use this mouse on my desk with no pad.

It will work with firefox.

I tried just now to see if the mouse would work with the receiver up on a shelf, and it worked perfectly good.

As for the keyboard....If you can type above 100wpm, you might notice a lag between the keys you type and what appears on the screen.

Hope that helps:D

1.no

2. sure it will work

4.either or

5.you can even use it on your hand!

6.Works the same just needs to be recharged

i own one, it works great, i love it, easy to push that kidn of stuff u don't even think about, the recharable is delightful, it a great investment

Yeah the logitechs work with firefox

I will never buy a microsoft mouse. A cord broke, and I told microsoft (i had a lifetime warranty) they requested money for me to talk to someone on the phone over my warranty :/

from an owner of a mx duo I reccomend it.
no problems so far, i use the mouse during the day, let it charge while i sleep.... just for an idea of charging times... I was playing halo and the bats went flat, i put it on the charger went n made some noodles, like 5mins, i came back started playing n lasted for at least 5hours

Just curious about my concern about the MX Duo working with Firefox, if you go to their website to download the latest drivers Mouseware and iTouch it doesn't say anything about working with it. In fact when iTouch lists browsers it will work with it is not one of the ones listed, but you're saying all the buttons on the MX700 and all the programable keys on the keyboard can all be progamed to work with Firefox?

Has anyone found the Caps Lock and Numbers Lock a hassle not being on the keyboard?

I have used the MX Duo for a year and a half with with no problems at all. I keep multiple sets of good quality rechargeable batteries for both the keyboard and my digital camera so have never been caught with dead batteries. After a year and a half, still haven't replaced the AA batteries in the keyboard. As for buttons falling off, I have never heard of this until the post above and of the 20 people that I know with this keyboard combination, none have heard of or experienced it.
With the cost being in the mid $50 at some stores right now, you can't go wrong. As for the weight, took me about 10 minutes and now all other mice feel too light.

Great! I went ahead and bought the MX Duo with all the good things said about it here (except one) and I love it. I've only had it for a day so I'm still learning the different options it provides. I've ran into one problem though, although the MX700 works great with my Firefox browser I can't seem to get the keyboard to work with it as far as being able to program the iTouch keys. For instance it does nothing when I try to program "My Home" with my homepage using Firefox, any suggestions? I've downloaded the latest iTouch and Mouseware.

Also are most people using a mouse pad with the MX700 or just using it on any old light surface, a desk for example?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom