HELP!!!! I disabled my graphics card by accident, need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
hey guys, long time, reason is is because my computer is messed up n i need help repairing it.

PLEASE READ IT ALL TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!

I turn on my computer one day after coming home from RCC, n i my computer was running incredibly slower then usual, i checked task manager, nothing was screwing it up, but i think the CPU was being used a lot, goes to 100% easily. I updated my CPU driver a while back, n i didnt know that CPUs get drivers, it made my computer run apps better n my CPU was OCed 100MHz from 1.8 to 1.9, now it is the best PC in the house! Im sure this didnt affect my computer going slow, but i checked for viruses n defragmented my HD before my computer went slower then tar, it isnt the first time ive defraged so i knew what i was doing. No i was not looking at xxx after defraging n scanning for viruses, im not that kind of guy, plus im using KasperSky up-to-date anti-virus software n pop-up blocker. Anyways, my computer was going slow, like as if the graphics card had been running on an older driver, so i tried updating it from AMD, and it was avaliable for the type of graphics card i have. I downloaded it, installed it, and when i check to see the driver date, version, etc, it said in the info either <unknown> or <unavaliable>. Obviously i restarted the computer to make the driver work, but that didnt do anything, didnt take away the 'sluggish speed'. I was curious to knowing y it said it could identify the driver, it's official, not third-party, im sure of it. My computer is quite clean from the inside, but not really my stock PSU *coughdustycough*.

to clear as this up, i swear i tried everything possible to get my computer to go faster or back to normal, it was going slower then P3 computers lol *dad has 3 of them running*. I thought that if i can disable the graphics card it could fix it, guess i was wrong. Ive been using this P4 Intel computer, which only has less then a half a gig of DDR SDRAM in it n is slow, for computer homework for RCC, n looking at tech entertainment, video game news, etc, etc. Here is a message that comes up whenever i have my computer turned on after boot in the beginning:

"Windows could not start because of the following file missing or corrupt:

\Windows\System32\Config\System

You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM.

Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair."

now i found out that i can download the boot disk of Windows XP Professional original on 6 floppy disks off microsoft.com:

How to obtain Windows XP Setup boot disks

I also found out how to put the boot disk on the floppys on a disc, step-by-step on wikihow.com n using Nero:

How to Create Bootable Cd from a Bootable Floppy Disk - WikiHow

this computer im on has an outdated CD n floppy drives so it wont read of blanks discs, or from what i tried to do to make it read of used floppys n CDs. I do have my older brothers computer to use, but he doesnt know crap about computers n if i try to explain the situation to him, he wont know what the **** im talking about. He has Nero on his computer already n as far as i know, he is my only hope to fix my computer without me paying money to fix it. My oldest bro, who is moved out n married, has a friend named Mark, who helped created my computer at iGameLan, which is out of business since Summer 06, n Mark hasnt contacted my older brother calls yet. So right now, im still looking for a job, and me having to figure out y Action Signs and Promotions wont contact me to give me directions for sign spinning, etc, etc. The most money i got on me is $75, n im saving it for pre-ordering SSBB for Wii when the official release date is announced.

now i need ur guys help for this. Once i get my older brother, not the married one, to let me use his computer, which is going to be tough since he knows nothing about tech talk, n i have 6 floppy disks to use n one CD-ROM, would i be able to use the Windows XP Professional original boot disk to fix my computer? Or would i have to talk my computer n spend a lot of money on just doing something i can do myself? A step-by-step guide for the boot disk for fixing my computer would be nice, if u guys can find one.

Please give advice,

Wildside

ok go into the BIOS it normally says how to at startup by pressing delete or another key. Then look for something daying health monitor etc look for CPU temps make sure there not high say 60C+.

ok now about the error use your bros comp and follow that guide how to put the floppys onto cd.

It should go through part of an xp install im not 100% sure iv never used the floppy disc method...

anyway the first screen should say press r to repair if you press r it`ll go into a black screen that is the wrong one.

What you do is press enter until it gets to a screen showing you what version of windows you have then you press r on that screen it should have the option.

here is a link showing you what you should see or something similar:
How to: Repair Windows XP/2000 if you are unable to boot into Windows. - TechSpot OpenBoards

the 3rd slide is what your looking for and it should look like its running through an xp install cant remember if it asks you for a serial again or not though.

so getting the boot disk of the original Windows XP Pro to floppy to CD will help me repair my computer?

sweet, im on the right track, but now i must convince my brother to let me use his computer, he as a working floppy n CD-ROM drives. Cant do it tonight, because i got homework to do.

If your computer is running really slow and youve tired to fix it and given up and started to do crazy things and then totally screwed your computer, the best way out of it is to wipe your hd and reinstall windows.
This happened to me a month ago, it was hard but i mangeded to get my computer back the way it was in about a week.

If you have vital things on your comp and you dont want stuff lost, what you can do is the the windows OS cd and reinstall windows but dont wipe you hd this will repair all the stuff in the system32 folders.

p.s. there is no harm in a little xxx mate

wow, this thread still here? lol, ya ive found out what the problem is. Basically, i replaced my theme default boot loading screen with a customized one back in November without knowing. When i disabled my computer n it restarted, it was suppose to pin point the default one but it wasnt there so it would bring up the message all the time.

i have a pirated Windows XP Pro CD in my computer, but has no key written on it n thank goodness. My friend's pirated OS bugs the crap out of him n to me as well when i use it sometimes lol so that's my reason.

Currently, i have a choice to buy an OEM Windows XP Pro from newegg.com, but wont risk it because it costs about $145 n if i decide to go with Windows Vista Ultimate later when i get a job soon, it will cost me like the same price, but $50 more, which i cannot do. Right now though, i made a thread asking what is the file name of the default boot loading screen is called n it's called i386:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/where-default-boot-loading-screen-file-s-located-145345/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom