Help Help Help Help Help Help Asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITZBVAN005

In Runtime
i am trying to figure out whats wrong with my parents friends computer everytime i insert something into a usb port nothing happens usually a box should pop saying new hardware found or something long that line but there is nothing happening. what do you think is the cause of the problem?how can i fix it? please please please please someone help me out

if it's a new device than your right, a box should pop up saying that windows is installing the new device. however, if the device has already been used on the computer, than a diolouge box may not pop up. this box won't pop up if "always do the selected actoin" is checked below the list of options.

insert whatever it is your putting in and go to "my computer" you'll see the USB device listed and you can acess it there.

Also, try a different USB port on the computer. The one you are trying might be dead.

what's the OS? if it's not 2000 or above, it would probabby not work all that well with USB.
if it is 2000 or above, is plug and play enabled in services.msc?

what's the OS? if it's not 2000 or above, it would probabby not work all that well with USB.

Duh! I forgot about that.

If it is Win 95 or 98, you'll have to download the drivers for the device befoer it will be reccognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom