Help for a friend...video rendering problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I have a friend who has the following system specs and problems, so if you guys could help that would be great. He send me his specs and the following synopsis of the problem.

Alright here are the specs:
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra-939
Ram - 1024 mb Geil DDR PC3200
Cpu - AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 939 socket
Video Card - Visiontek Xtasy 9600 256mb DDR

Heres the issue, I am running Adobe Premiere 6.5 on my computer, and I'm having trouble with the video rendering, but when I earlier had a ATI 9000 64 MB video card everything ran smoothly. I recently upgraded from an older computer, but I've put the older video card in the new system and everything runs fine. Everything on the newly built computer runs excellent, including Half Life 2 and so forth, all extensive processes. But whenever I play through a render video on Adobe Premiere it seems to jump and when the video hits an area that is not render it can lead to freezing. It has never frozen enough to disable my program. I'm using the Catalyst 4.11 drivers downloaded from the Visiontek website. Any attempt to downoad and install the Catalyst 5.4 drivers from ATi's website results in the computer crashing. What could be causing this probblem?

When you try to play a non-rendered portion of video obviously it's going to lag as its trying to play non-rendered data on the fly. If you're trying to load a ton more effects than you did before (because of your new system) that will make it crash too. For the life of me, i can't remember if adobe renders through gpu or cpu. Liquid 6 wont let you play (or cant rather, at least on my system) until it finishes rendering. You're going to want the newest drivers for your card, the catalyst 5.4 is what you really want. Does it crash on install or on download?

First off, make sure your drive is defragmented and it is at least 7200rpm with a recommended cache of 8mb.
Also try to get/use adobe premiere pro 1.5 - it was specifically built for XP, which I am assuming is the OS you use.

Also rendering is 99% CPU labor. That 1% is for the other part of the video that has GPU effects, (ie:like a pond rippling screen.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom