help....computer turns off by itself everytime it try to install window!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MezulOwnsyou

Beta member
i just built a computer, and everything seems to work, but now when i try to install windows it tuns off by itself before i can even format the drive. i think it might be somthing wrong with the power supply, but it is an antec 400W which should be plenty of power to handle my system... any help is appreciated!!

system info..

P4 3.0 GHZ, mushkin 512 mb pc3200 (X2), asus p4p800 deluxe MB, ATI 9800 Pro graphics, seagate 160 GB, plextor 708A dvd-rw.... not getting any beeps, any advice on remounting the CPU?

Hmm i just burnt one of those boards up lol - The one problem i did have though is that when i got xp installed on there, nothing was configuring right, the problem was that i have a sound card and that board has onboard sound and onboard lan - if your using cards, you need to go into the bios under boot - arrow down it may not look like there is anything below the last one but there is one more if you arrow down one more time you will see PCI confiuration. In there it will have the option to turn onboard lan and sound off. If this doesnt work i would try just using the one stick of ram like micro suggested. Post if you figure out what is wrong with it.

I had this same problem this evening with a new mb. I had to start the win2k install with the 4 floppies and then the CD. Once I did this it seemed to load win2k with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom