Help with COMPUTER..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SithK

Solid State Member
MY CPU TEMP IS 90 degree Celsius ... and sometimes when i try to play a 3D game online .. it freezes on me ... How do i lower the temp to my CPU and make the temp lower.. thanks

Well more information is needed. What CPU is it? What heatsink are you using? What other cooling do you have? Did you install the CPU yourself? Also what are you using to measure the temperature?

Yeah, answering m3trj would help alot. Im guessing you have some sort of LGA775... Their are tons of things to do. Once i know more about your system i can help alot.

well you can upgrade you cooling by adding fans, or upgrading your heatsink. also you can get water cooling

Woah, 90C... if thats correct, you can literally cook on that!

If its correct, your lucky to still have a CPU. Try entering your bios and reading the temperature.

If it is over 60, you have some issues. Try removing your CPU heatsink, cleaning it, and re-applying it (with new thermal compound).

I have a pentium 4 .. . 2.4 ghz on my BIOS the CPU temp reads 39 degrees Celsius and System temp reads 25 degree Celsius

The tool i use to monitor my temp while i use the comp is MBM... Motherboard Monitor or something like that... The chip was installed by a computer professional. My computer was working fine,and now it began freezing and crashing... think i might have to buy a new heatsync ?

i think that the bios temp is more accurate...i see no reason why it should crash at merely 39 degrees..

yeah, check your heatsink. you might want to see if all of your fans are still working. and or, see if your fans have been installed correctly.

i had one fan once that I had put in backwords and my comp was overheating all of the time(over 119ºf), even though I had 5 fans on it.

once i turned the backwords fan around my average temp is 80ºf.

jerry5739 said:
i think that the bios temp is more accurate...i see no reason why it should crash at merely 39 degrees..

maybe the 'CPU shutdows temp' has been set that low in bois somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom