HELP! BIOS Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it makes sense somewhat if you think about your hair standing up with staticelectricity if you rub your socks on the carpet or balloon on the hair etc....but still. I've troubleshooted a lot of shit but when it comes to a computer spontaneously not booting up from disconnecting a fan....yeah I'm a little stumped.. he said the hairs were lying across a couple 'silver things' cause I didn't see what he was looking at. So yeah....watch out for hairs people!

Im gonna test this out tonight. I'll take out like six of my wifes hairs and lay them all accross the mobo,cpu, gpu, and ram. Ill post my conclusion later.

BTW Bobo, these are pretty long hairs, not like a short little dog hair. We're talking a 4 or 5 inch hair...two of them laying against the motherboard... I'm sure it wouldn't take but a TINY TINY amount of electricity on the right little circuits to cause instability....but yeah I'm telling you dude....this shit ONLY happens to me and its not like I'm one of those little rich bastard kids that can just go out and buy it again....my computer is the product of very hard earned cash so its terrifying when something like that happens =/

Good idea bobo, its probably one of those FREAK occurances where you could never duplicate it in a million years. Kind of like the 'myth' of the cd-rom exploding.

Well, it is possible to explode your cd rom. Just get it to spin fast enough. But getting a computer to hang by placing a few hairs inside of it sounds like a good practical joke.

Yeah but getting it to spin fast enough was the issue. Appearantly there was an exploded CD-ROM and they (they meaning whoever the manufacturer was) held a contest and would give a reward to anyone who could duplicate the incident but it had to be under normal circumstances. Myth Busters didn't get a CD to explode until they attached it to a 30,000 RPM motor. But yeah, I don't like the idea of my computer hanging, and I don't even know exactly where the hairs were placed, but yeah connect it to some transistors =P Too much dust can cause electrical interferance I suppose hair can too

Now that i think about it, it is probably possible. If you connected some transistors or other bits of hardware maybe the oils in your hair could affect it. But like i said, its highly improbable.

well your hair or whoevers may be made of steel or copper at 4 inches long i sugest getting a hair cut to the length of 1/8 inch
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom