Help with ATI Radeon 9700

Status
Not open for further replies.

headtrip

Solid State Member
The other night, I was playing a pretty high graphic demanding game, and all of the sudden the picture on my monitor distorted. I have heard of fans going out in ATI cards quite frequently, so I assumed that my VGA chip was overheating and promptly turned off the computer. I opened my case and supplied power to see if the fan on the card was working, and it was not. So in hopes of saving my card, I bought a new VGA fan from Fry's Electronics. I properly installed it and put the card back into my case and booted. The image is better, but I still see some distortion in the display. I've hosted an image of what it looks like on my desktop currently. The url is http://tinypic.com/4lsm1j . I was just curious if my VGA chip is permanently messed up or if this is repairable? Or even perhaps something minor that I may have overlooked is causing this problem. Any suggestions on comments in relation to my problem would be greatly appreciated.

If by fry, you mean perhaps melted the VGA chip, I understand. Also, it's not like I purposely friend it. Like I stated before, I have had many friend's have this same fan go out for no apparent reason. One of them, the card was only 2 months old. So I don't really know, I've opened a support ticket with ATI, and I guess I'll follow that. Thanks for the replies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom