Help abput backing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceyc0ld

In Runtime
Ok so I deleted a few files and wanted to back em up. I want to use data recovery wizard, but it tells me - If you decide to use the Data Recovery Wizard, don't install it on the same disk where you want to retrieve the file from, or you might overwrite the data you're trying to recover. Launch the software from a CD-ROM or an External hard drive. And if you download it directly from the Internet, don't download it onto the disk from which you deleted the file.

Does that I mean I put in a CD-R and install the program there and restore from their but what i ask myself is if i restore there can i move it back to C:

basically when you delete data there is usually always a chance of recovery, the only problem is that when you install new programs or download new things and put them on any hard-drive theres a chance that old long deleted data gets over-written and may not be able to recovered.

for example people who are trying to hide stolen items on their hard-drive. after they have deleted them from a hard-disk then usually they try and fill up that hard-disk as much as possible with more data to over-write the original so it cannot be forensically recovered. (or just drill a hole through the hard-drive)

so if you're downloading software, install and run it from another disk (hard or removeable) is basically what its saying, because theres a chance you might overwrite your original data.

As for your last question i dont understand... move what back to C:? the installation program or the recovered data. the recovered data will go wherever you want it to go once it has been recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom