HELP!!!! 8RDA3I will not boot. error code not in manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soloman02

In Runtime
Ok, I recieved my EPOX 8RDA3I yesterday, and installed it today. I have the optional LED thing that displays a 2 digit code if there is a problem. I think the code I get is 1d. but the manual says to see appendix E for these codes. My retarded manual does not have an appendix E.

here is my setup(shorthand ):

xp 2500+
WD 80gb
512 kingston pc3200 I also have a stick of k-byte 512 pc2700, but I will not be using it( if it clears the code then I will, but i don't think it is a ram prob, but i have been wrong before)
dvd-rw drive
cd drrive
pny 5900se
turtle beach santa cruz.
TT 420 watt
all of these components work since they were in my last setup( which was working fine earlier today)
I had the mem in dimm bank 1, then I switched it to dimm bank 2, same code. I have reset the cmos, same code.
I did connect the 4 pin ATX connector to the board. my hsf is in the right spot( at least I am pretty sure it is)

and epox website does not help me since the only manual i can download is for the onboard sound(which I won't even use)

it doesnt even post

i also did this

i disconnected everything except the psu, cpu, ram and gfx card. I got the same error. I then took out the gfx card and got error code 75 on the led. and i didn't get that annoying alarm sound( i forgot to mention it and it occurred with error code 1d

then after that i did this

I switched the kingston mem with the kbyte. and put the vid card back in, I then got code 25.

it still does not post. the manual is downloading thanks to a member of a diff forum. but for some reason, it is dling at 4.5KB/sec(wtf???) it is a 11 mB file.

I fixed the problem.

It was the same problem i got the first time I got a new motherboard. for some reason the motherboards do not like the agp cards. I put in a pci card and it booted fine and i installed windows. After installing windows i put my agp card in and it worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom