Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

x6against7

Beta member
I have a Viewsonic PF790 moniter and it is acting very strangly. It eracticly flickers on my computer. I'm running windows xp pro. I have a soyo kt333 mother board, a 400 watt power supply and a leditec nvidia 128mb 4600ti video card. I tried the moniter on another computer and it works fine. What's the deal?

thanks
Ben

....flickers? as in: the kind of weird screenshow you get when the gfx card is set to a resolution your monitor can't/isn't designed to handle?

if so, the problem may be that the computer it works on is set to a res the monitor can handle, but the other one isn't.
You can either try using another monitor and setting the resolution to one it should handle, like 640 x 480/800 x 600

OR

use the monitor that doesn't work, boot into windows, and:

1: right-click any space that looks empty on your desktop, move the mouse cursor away from the opened window, hit the up arrow once and hit enter. this should take you to the display properties.
2: hit Tab 4 times, then hit right a bunch of times. this will take you to the Setttings tab.
3: hit Tab 3 times, and hit the left arrow key a bunch of times and hit enter. this sets your resolution to the lowest possible setting.
if you get a coherent screen, you should know what to do ;)

i had to personally figure this out, because i had no spare monitor when it happened to me >_<
i hope this helps...

it also might be because you don't have the correct video drivers for you card or you need to adjust your refresh rate.

the refresh can be accessed probably in roughly the same place zero shift mentioned. you can try setting refresh higher or lower to see if this corrects your problem

I have a PF790 19' flat screen. Had the problem once, do like EK says, set your refresh rate to 60 and see what happens.

I had the refesh rate at 60hertz and the newest nvidia drivers the only other thing i did was download the viewsonic plug and play drivers. But the screen is still acting up it's almost like the power is cutting out but when i tried another tower, the problem never occured. Is there anything else i can do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom