help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufreeh

Baseband Member
heyz there ..

am planning to build a pc on my own and the one thing that is really bugging me is what 3d card to buy ..

i definately will be going for a radeon but need help on deciding which one to buy .. have narrowed it down to 3 choices ..

1. Radeon 9600 Pro 256 MB

2. Radeon 9700 Pro 128 MB

3. Radeon 9800 non-Pro

they all pretty much fall within the same pricing range so the preferred card should be among these .. budget is about 175 i think ..

any1 have suggestions ?? ..

I'm not familiar with those cards myself, but I've found www.tomshardware.com has some great information on anything you could possibly want to know about.

www.tomshardware.com

He has a good section on video cards and is very truthful and blunt about what is good and what isn't. The best site I've seen so far that isn't trying to "market" any particular brand, model, or anything.

Hope this helps!
Van

I can tell you one thing for sure, the 9800 Pro 256 is the best card I have ever seen. Although the 256 isn't really all that needed, I would suggest that you get the 9700 Pro 128. That card is very fast and responsive, plus has a great history as being very reliable. With the release of the ATI's new XT line, the prices should lower a bit for the higher end cards. So you might be able to get a 9800 pro for under 200...

well after a mind boggling research and lots of market research i have finally ordered myself a ati radeon 9800 pro 128 mb for 300 $ .. the 9700 pro was for something to the tune of 250 $ so it only made more sense to just pay the 50 extra and get somethin ever more up 2 date ... hopefully this should last me a long time .. thanx for the help ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom