Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schurmy

In Runtime
does this look good for a gaming desktop?

intel pentium 4 prosseser
1GB of Ram (dual 512MB)
PCI Express graphics card
120GB of Hard Drive
windows XP home edition

im looking to play Battlefield 2

Depends upon what PCIE card, as some are utter crap. As for the CPU, AMDs are better at gaming than intels, even though they are clocked slower. they are also cheaper :)

no. lacks PSM 3.0, which is a vital shader component of future games. In other words, Radeon X800/X850 users will be stuck will basic looking graphics while nvidia geforce 6 owners will get the real eye candy.

I thought we covered this in ur original thread...

i just PMed u a reply to that. Who told u that? They couldnt be more wrong. That person might simply think that since it has GT and not Ultra on the end means it sucks. True - the ultra is faster, but only by a few mhz, and its $200 more. The GT is better value, and it can easily be overclocked to Ultra speeds. Just ask Nubius on that one.

the GeForce 6800 GT is one of the best video cards around.

i just found out that my neighbor owns a business that builds computers lol he i went to him and he said he will make me a gaming computer he recommended a pentium 4 prosseser 1gb of ram (dual 512MB) 120GB Sata/133 hard drive 3.2GHz and told me not to get a geforce 6800GT he recommended ATI radeon

The ATI Radeon X850 series is clocked faster than the 6800 GT, no question. But the difference is so slight it doesnt matter. And like i said earlier,the Radeon X800/X850 series lacks PSM 3.0, which is VITAL

and AMDs are most certainly better than Intels for gaming.

intel = office tasks/multitasking

AMD = Gamers/enthusiasts (most people on this forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom