Help! 4 monitors?

RKezz

Solid State Member
Hey guys, my student loan is due early January and like a good student i plan to spend it on "books" *cough* 3 monitors and a Tv.. I have a gigabyte 7970 windforce and wish to have an eyefinity set up on 3 dell ultra-sharps in front of me with an LG TV wall mounted above my screens. I wanted to have the big screen for watching movies and tv series mainly while gaming on the 3 ultrasharps. Is there a way i can set up the 4 monitors on my graphics card with the 4th screen being an 'optional' screen so to speak, with my 3 monitors on in eyefinity 5760x1080 at all times?
This requires higher knowledge than my petty self taught PC building. Cheers all
RKezz

Last edited:
IIRC The 7970's come with generally 4 outputs?

You can download UltraMon and just disable any monitor you want easily and quickly and set up profiles so you just click a button or shortcut on your desktop and it will switch itself from triple monitors to quad or single or 2 etc. Very great program.

If yours does then some simple adapters to make them whatever you need will work.

If the dell ultrasharps you plan to buy have Display Port you could just daisy chain 2 to 1 then run a single to the other. and use hdmi for your tv.

Last edited:
Well then... If I'm not mistaken you can just run the TV off the intel via hdmi.
*But I'm far from an expert.
I'm with this. Connect the 3 in Eyefinity to the card and HDMI to the TV off your board running off the IGP. Easiest way IMO. If your LCDs don't have Display Port then most likely you will need an active DVI to DP adapter for at least one of your monitors.

The ultra-sharps do have display port and dvi connections so it sounds like this is going to be a much easier set up than i first thought! It sounds like Ultramon is going to be very useful Bregadon so ill give it a download when the time comes. Thanks guys this has been very helpful.
If there is some compatibility issue then ill look at the daisy chaining method but its looking like my motherboard should be able to do some of the work for me. Thanks All.

Back
Top Bottom