Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgga86

Beta member
I dont know much about computers, I have a compaq presario with pIII 1GHz, but I have a problem, I like playing computer games but my computer dont have an AGP expansion port only PCIs, I bought a nVIDIA 32MB PCI video card but its too slow, what can I do to improve this card?, or anything I can do to change to a better video card? I dont know if there is an PCI to AGP adaptor or anything like that?
Any help is appreciated
THANKS

off the top of my head no, there are no such things as pci to agp adapters.. to be honest and fair, the only real thing to do to speed things up is to upgrade your motherboard (one that has an agp exp. slot) and buy a decent agp graphics card.

sorry its not the answer you wanted.

The best you can do with a PCI video card is a Geforce4 MX or a low-end GeforceFX. IMO it's not worth the money as PCI is such a bottleneck when you're dealing with video cards. As imation said, you're way better off to buy a new motherboard that supports AGP instead of spending nearly the same amount on another PCI card.

Depends on the case's form factor... as well as its power cut. 300W would be the bare minimum recommended for this generation of graphics cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom