Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

trasler

Beta member
Hi all I am new to this. I have a 19" flat panel Samsung computer moniter and I would like to know what componets, if any to convert it into a tv for my son to play his Nintendo Wii on? Please help!

I am not sure that will work. There is no pc just the moniter and the moniter only has three things that can be pluged in one is the power cord and the other 2 are the ones with the screww things on the end. I know nothing about computers sorry for not knowing what they are. Please help

I am not sure that will work. There is no pc just the moniter and the moniter only has three things that can be pluged in one is the power cord and the other 2 are the ones with the screww things on the end. I know nothing about computers sorry for not knowing what they are. Please help
A PC monitor will almost always either have D-sub, DVI, or both. A very small amount will have HDMI, but they're only in some high-end LCD's

the Wii uses RCA outputs, which are not used by the PC monitor (obviously)

The "video game jockey" just converts the signal from the RCA output of whatever you plug into it (in your case, it would be the Wii console), into the analogue signal used for the D-sub connector, which then can go to your PC monitor.

There's only one thing I'll need to know:
does the PC monitor use this type of plug?:
01mini_dsub15-box-l.jpg

or this type?:
03dvi_d-box-l.jpg

the first one is D-sub, the second one is DVI​

Just one other question, what are you planning to use for speakers?
PC monitors almost always don't have speakers.

*edit*
PC speakers will work, or anything that uses a 3.5mm audio connector
105707-27407.jpg

just plug them into the video game jockey, as well as the red and white RCA plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom