Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny

Baseband Member
A friend of mine needs help. He started his computer and went to dos and typed a:\format c: \s and wiped his entire hard drive. Then typed fdisk deleted the partition and created another one. He was trying to put win98se. When he restarts he just gets atapi cd rom failed and thats it. How does he get his system up and running again.

Ok he got the startup menu and chose with cd support. and at the end brought him to a:\ wat next

when he gets to a:\ after it loaded cd drivers wat does he do next. c drive is empty.

i had a problem like this. you have to insert a startup disk first. then type A:/help ..........no .exe or anything. then there are alot of things that will help you with booting. i had a Win98 SE cd and i selected boot with cd-rom support. it asks you before you get to DOS. then it took me to DOS and i typed my cd-rom drive and setup.exe.... for (example........ E:/setup.exe)

Ok typed a:\setup and then got this

Please wait while setup initializes.
Scanning system registry...
Windows setup requires 7340032 bytes avail

Wat now?

Nothing happens so I will try E:\setup.exe and let you know wat happenses but I think I got the same response when I tried it with E:\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom