Heavy load BSoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panther5060

In Runtime
Hello, joined these forums to deal with this problem, perhaps some others.

I have this oldy system that BSoDs whenever I start high graphics detail benchmarks on 3dmark01 SE.

In terms of problem causers, I have eliminated the CPU/RAM/Motherboard as the culprits, all thats left is the PSU/Vcard or some really odd hardware issue. Ive run prime95 w/ max cpu/mem load with no problems at all, but every time I apparantly run the video card at a high load it just BSoDs with a ntoskrnl.exe error :mad:

sys specs are:
W2k Pro (need to perhaps update this)
K6-2+ 450 @ 124fsb/550 some odd mhz
FIC VA-503+ Socket 7 AT style mobo
256mb PC133 SDRAM
Radeon 7500/LE vcard w/ 64mb onboard vram (built by sapphire)
AT style 250W psu thats about 10 years old...

this comes right after i get the information screen for XXX game high detail

*** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xC000001D, 0xF48B161C, 0xF4265690, 0x80448C62)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

*** Address F48B161C base at F4873000, DateStamp 3cb63ac1 - ati3d1ag.dll
*** Address 80448C62 base at 80400000, DateStamp 41773335 - ntoskrnl.exe

doesnt matter what game i run, when it is high detail it crashes, and when the system is under graphical load it crashes. I have found out that it is not hardware in terms of faulty hardware at all, so once again microsoft and its great grand windows takes down my system... oh well. :rolleyes:

right off the bat im guessing the ati drivers are having some issues with my OS (that took rocket scientry didnt it?)

yep, tried it with a radeon 8500 and i got a resource conflict, moved that, tried a radeon 7000 and it worked fine...

shoulda left this system alone :(

anyone have some skeet with bill gates' face on it?

*PULL*

I got this error SEVERAL HUNDRED FRACKING TIMES on xp pro with my video card, happens every time i reformat, its the video card drivers, along with directX going corrupt upon install... Try getting the newest possible drivers for your card and reinstall it.

lol, i have reinstalled drivers/installed drivers from omega, rage3d, and the basic cats... still no luck.

possible problem with directx do you think?

well, since i used all different driver combinations, i bet it is the directx 9.0c which is exactly what im using.

ill try the older DX 8.1 hope it works :-D

couldnt get directx 8.1 or 8.0 or anything besides 9.0c... reinstalled that and nothing changed, big surprise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom