Heatsink problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendBreath

Daemon Poster
Hi all!
I'm trying to replace my stock heatsink that came with my AMD Sempron with a new heatsink, not a MUCH better one but, you know.

So, I replaced the old heatsink with the new one. And, I powered up my system... then, nothing on the screen, as for the beep, I don't have any speaker. But, on the keyboard the three lights was blinking. So, I thought, damn it! my video card is fryed. So, I changed the video card, same thing. So, I just resigned and changed the heatsink back.

And, the new heatsink is a bit bigger (not the base but the top, the base is the same) but, it doesn't touch anything.

Anyone have any ideas what could do that?

make sure you you didn't crack the dye. its the silverish rectangle on the top of cpu that heatsink touches. very fragile and brittle.

maybe you bumped something, like the RAM disk.
try re-seating things and see if it works.

worst case scenario: you might have killed something with static electricity

apokalipse said:
worst case scenario: you might have killed something with static electricity

For the THIRD time I'm gonna say it again... it is working with my old heatsink AFTER that I tried to put the new one! In other words IT IS WORKING WITH THE OLD HEATSINK BUT NOT THE NEW ONE!!!

OK?
Sorry, getting tired to say that!

hmmm...seems weird. since the keyboard lights blinked, the cpu must have wokrd at least partly. did you try changing it several times or just once? maybe you should try again and cross your fingers this time. :) and make sure the new heatsink is not touchin any other parts (short circuit)

or maybe it's not putting enough force? did it feel secure and tight with the new heatseank?

LoTeX said:
hmmm...seems weird. since the keyboard lights blinked, the cpu must have wokrd at least partly. did you try changing it several times or just once? maybe you should try again and cross your fingers this time. :) and make sure the new heatsink is not touchin any other parts (short circuit)

or maybe it's not putting enough force? did it feel secure and tight with the new heatseank?

Yeah I know that is weird that is why I'm posting it here :p lol

And, as for the force it was putting on it, it was putting a bit more force than the other one.

Make sure that the system fan on the heatsink was plugged in all the way. Your motherboard might be freaking out if that isnt plugged in all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom