heatsink fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley88

Baseband Member
mourning folks

the old man is back.

i have been having to give my cpu fan a start with my finger ever since i have had this comp.(at bootup) well last week i had to format my hdd and install XP , after i did the fan started working like it is supposed to.

well after i started to put my stuff back( drivers and such) the dadburn thing started to need a finger start again. not sure but think is was after i installed the windows updates.

have any of you fine folks ever heard of such a thing , or is it one more weird problem with this dadburn comp.

thanks much
harley

seems like either the fan is crapping out or your Power supply sucks, but it would seem is the Power supply if it sucked would cause system instability and restarts. Maybe a good ole can of air would do the trick? :D

fan

Nubius and Beedubaya

thanks much for your reply , sure do appreciate it.

how the heck does a fellow test his PSU?

thanks again
harley

yeah, spend the $10 for a new fan, or hey, $14 for one of them there new fangled lighted ones

fan psu

willsko and jaksback

thanks for reply.

dont think it dirt, looks clean. it has done this since day one (when brand new)

thanks again
harley

yeah, considering the speed of the processor in your sig, I would definitely get a new fan and possibly consider a new PSU, it would be God awful expensive to have to replace that cpu for something as simple as lack of sufficiant cooling. with those specs in your sig it looks like you can surely afford a decent heatsink and fan and/or new PSU.

btw, what did you pay for that rig? did you build it yourself?

jaksback

thanks for your help. i dont know about these dadburn comp. but the folks that built it said that it would cut off if it got to hot.

i have 8 fans and the two front ones have never worked , i was planning on taking the comp. to a tech shop. i am hopeing they can tell me if the power supply is bad , do not want to by another one unless i need it this thing is only 5 months old.

is 500w big enough?

thanks again
harley

whew, 2100, doesn't sound too bad of a price considering what components you have in there though. That's like a hardcore gaming computer lol what do you need that for? 500w should be ample for your needs, but make sure you need to check the RAILS, specifically the +3.3v, +5, and +12v Rail. On the side on the power supply you'll see those numbers then a number below it like 30a good rails would be like +3.3 - 30a, +5v 45a, +12v -22a

With a lot of fans and whatnot, you want the +12v rail to be strong so look for ATLEAST 22a on the +12v Rail, if it says 15 or 18 don't get it. Unfortunately, taking it to a tech shop they like to talk fast and make you feel like you don't what you're doing regardless if you really don't or if you're A+ certified. Plus they will want to overcharge for a simple process =/

With 2 fans not working in the front and one that you gotta give a push start to lol it does indeed seem like a power issue there. Need a real strong +12v rail with all those fans you got plus the power of the processor alone. the processor relias completely on the +12v rail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom