heatsink+fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoticBoy

Baseband Member
could any one reccomend me a heatsink+fan for my amd athlon xp 3200+ cpu as the one at the moment seems to be so naff. it keeps it around 55 oC idle :/ which i not sure if it safe?!
i need a good one for a reasonable price though
maybe under £20?

thankyou

Ryan

55 degrees idle is not good, but its by no means unsafe. 70-80 is when its getting dangerous. There are so many cooling solutions its sometimes hard to pick the right one. Its all about how much many you are willing to spend. The best and most efficient cooling solution is the water cooler. This works much like a car radiator, and is VERY quiet and keeps your chip VERY cool. However this is really only necessary if you are going to overclock (as they are quite expensive).

You can get a Volcano cooler, and that should bring the temp of your chip down. However it might run a bit loud....
Other than i would just say go to a comp store and have a look around and see what you are willing to spend.

55 degres, what you want it ot be? -55C?

I have been using AMD, and it wsa 54-58 normally in idle standing, and it is cosidered absolute normal for AMD Processor.

if still you are worried, let me give u very good suggestion, (will bring down at least 5-6C temp)

clean ur CPU and Heatsink with Isopropyl alcohol, then apply Arctic Silver 5, (assuming u have fans at the back).

still not satisfied, get yourself Zalman 7000-CU series fan (any of the three similar models)

making sure: you have enough space aroung socket that isnt blocked by the capacitors, also, this fan weighs nearly quarter to a Kilo.

Blind_Arrow said:
55 degres, what you want it ot be? -55C?

I have been using AMD, and it wsa 54-58 normally in idle standing, and it is cosidered absolute normal for AMD Processor.

Exactly, I don't understand why so many people worry about their temperature for AMD. Especially when its practically normal & well known that AMD's usually have temps in the 40's/50's.

But..ok

jesus i didnt know how hot they are supposed to be thats why i asked you!!!!

ill leave it if its normal thats all a was askin fcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom