heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley88

Baseband Member
afternoon folks

i am going to order a couple of memory sticks from newegg and want to order a heatsink while i am at it. i have a intel heatsink in here now (think it came with my cpu) well my pc is running a little hot and i wanted to get a better heatsink.
i know nothing about these things , and was wondering if one of you fine fellows could give me a tip on what i need i got a 478 socket intel 3.0, asus pc4800e--deluxe. would like to get a really good one.
help this old man out if you can
thanks
harley

newegg has only one heatsink only item

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...94418666+1057708561&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=62

its the top one i dont know why the bottom heat sink showed up.

personally they have a much better selection of heat sinks and fan combos.

which are

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...94418667+1057708561&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=62

take a look through them and let us know what kind of price range you have or what you like out of that selection.

ZALMAN is a pretty good brand so id think about going with one of those personally.

King
thanks for your reply , sure do appreciate it. will the second
one down work? or are there something else be better , dont
care about how much it cost, just worried about if it will fit or not.
i want a heatsink/fan that will keep the cpu the coolest , and will fit in my case.
thanks again
harley

No prob Harley

if your talking about this one(Spire SP495S11-U 80mm Sleeve CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail) i think thats the second one down you are takling about that will work for your socket. and should do you fine on regular use pc. if you use your pc for really long periods of time in a warm room i would go with(ZALMAN CNPS6500B-AlCu 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail ) which is the 4th one down i belive if you want to spend the extra money.

King
i sure do appreciate you helping this old man out on this.
shoot i dont know what i want i want one that looks like this
stock intel heatsink/fan (can look in and see fan running), it is
heatsink dimension: 92x92x25mn and fan demension:25x70x70
i read somewhere that if i get one to big it will cause problems
installing. dont want to buy one and get it to the repair shop
and they have to drill holes or something in my motherboard.
what do you look for when buying heatsink? AIR FLOW ,
RPMS ,
material:aluminum or
copper?
thanks again
harley

ps:cost no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom