heat problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
I was having a good time playing Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory when my computer started buzzing. i wasn't sure what it was until I remembered that my mobo has an alarm on it when my CPU exceeds a temperature of 60 degrees Celsius. So I promptly exited, ran SpeedFan, and next to the temperature for my CPU, it read 58 Celsius with a small image of a flame next to it. I watched the temperature drop slowly back to about 36C. This doesn't seem right. What is the temperature when my CPU starts to get damaged? I followed the instructions when i applied thermal paste, my heatsink is on correctly, and the heatsink is said to be compatible with my processor. Could it be the ambient temperature in my case? The room was quite warm that my computer is in. I need feedback on this; I need to know if i need to replace my heatsink.

this is my heatsink: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-124-004&depa=0

well on average i think a cpu is atleast 10F warmer than the room when its idle... i usualy get like 16 above the room... but my room is also very cold. Anyways try to get more air on the HSF or in your case...

could it be the position of my case fans, where their blowing and what direction their blowing?

I wouldn't let it get above 70*C at all.

Try to get more air blowing into it, and most of all, cool your room down. I know mine gets uncomfortably hot on a summer day when its blazing hot outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom