Heat concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey thats nothing, my cpu is hovering around 90 c, Now it has a bunch of portable house fans blowing on the case until i can get a better cooling system.

I have the same case and just put everything together last monday w/ arctic silver 5 and a thermaltake cpu fan/heatsink. My temps at idle are about 40C for CPU, and 25C for case, under load it goes up to around 50C for CPU, 28C for case. This was with the case's stock cooling. I added another 120mm fan in front, but the temps didn't change much to be worth it. If my CPU temps don't drop a little in the next week, I'm going to reapply the AS5. I ran all of my cables behind the Hard drive bays, and there are hardly any wires hanging, except for the motherboard power connector, and rear case fan.

what kind of stock cooling does the case come with?

its better to blow hot air out than to push cool air in.

i have 3 out fans and 3 in fans...but one of the out fans is 120mm and i guess if you count the PSU fan as out then i have 4 out+a pci fan out so 5

3 in 5 out=cool case

not to get away from the original question @ hand, but andysan, your temps have got to be inacurate, melt down is like at 80c

now, a cpu temp of no higher than 47-50c under heavy load for a time being is ok, and 34-39c idle is ok.....esp' for AMD.

want better air cooling....? get fans that have a rating of 40+ cfm rating for all round the case and cpu.

xxdryicexx said:
the case temperature is fine.. 40c is fine.. does your mobo have a built in heatsink fan? how many fans do you have in your case total? not including the psu..

Hey,

Well, the mobo has a heatsink on the nforce2 main chip, but no fan on it.

I have 4 fans : 2 X 120 mm for intake and outtake, 1 for cpu (stock) and 1 for video card (stock).

The case is pretty loaded with cables. Will try to improve airflow by hiding cables better.

It's also possible that I didn't use the artic silver 5 correctly. Maybe I put too much paste on the cpu.

One thing is sure, adding a 120mm fan for air intake and adding some artic silver 5 didn't help at all!! I get the same temps as before.

.fs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom