Headset and Gamepad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I am looking at getting a headset and gamepad. Now, I am a Logitech freak, so bear with me; Z4 speakers, G5 v2 mouse, 2 x m305 wireless mouse, K250 wireless keyboard.

Now, the headset. I want to be able to talk, over Steam, to my friends, while playing games. As MC, SC2, Steam games or online multiplayer games. A headset, so I can hear more clearly. As I have a bit of hearing loss, and my speakers are about 2 feet away from me. I have my eyes one these:

Newegg.com - Logitech G330 3.5mm/ USB Connector Circumaural Gaming Headset

They are also on Tigerdirect and Amazon. I'll look around for the best price. Just looking at quality here. Now, I prefer the behind the ear style. It is more comfortable, and actually stays on my head better.

As for the game pad. Several have told me to get the XBox gamepad. I say no. That pad is too bulky for me. Has an odd shape that does not go well with my small hands. I am getting this pad mainly for MC. But can incorporate in other games as well. This is the one I'm looking at:

Newegg.com - Logitech F310 Gamepad with broad game support and customizable buttons

Again, available elsewhere for different price rates. This most resembles a PS2 pad. Which I am fine with. I think this works with SetPoint, which I already use with my keyboard and mouse. So no extra software needed. Just drivers.

I am looking to get these early next week, unless you can turn me, which is hard to do. :p

If you have a spare PS3 controller, those are easy to get setup. I have one, but prefer a 360 controller, so I'm going with the Razer Onza, or a normal wired 360 controller.

I have NO experience with over the ear headsets, so I can't suggest anything like those. Are you wanting to use the headset in conjunction with your speakers?

Sorry, I only have a PS/PS2. I'll check out the 360 controller at a store.

I was just going to use the headphones. I do notice that the logitech does come with a USB adapter.

Head set hmm i use plantronics gamecon they are awesome and comfortable plus the mic hides aways in a stealth like place of corse they look a bit huge but they are well made and are gamer oriented also thiers a 5. 1 and 7. 1 versions of it and even wireless ones i did have dome logitech in the past but after 3 or so hours my ears started to hurt because they dint cover it adiquetly

Oh, I already bought those. Sorry I didn't follow up. The headset it awesome. The USB or regular analog plugs. Plust the behind your neck style which I light. The microphone works well, even with my A/C humming.

The gamepad also works well. I had to use a third party application, but it works greatly. Only thing i cant configure is the D-Pad with the third party application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom