Headphone Extremez

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeboy84

Baseband Member
I need a extreme headphone for my gaming needs. the price does not really matter, can range from 40-180(plz not over...) I dont know which to choose from, for example there is Acoustic, and all sorts of different names.

ALso how do i tell if a head phone is better than the other?

For gaming these are the best headphones I have ever owned. I can hear everything very clearly is excellent surround sound. If you need a microphone then I would select the Zalman High Sensitivity Microphone in the options at the bottom. It attaches to the cord and it doesn't have to be close to your mouth. Though you do have to turn up the mic volume when you first get it.
http://www.xoxide.com/za51suulgahe.html
If you don't have a good sound card then grab the Audigy 2 ZS.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=29-102-162&depa=0

As for telling which is better I'm not too sure on that. I just know that for gaming for me, surround sound is key. I don't play with stereo headsets anymore. :D

DJ-CHRIS said:
lmao at using soundblaster and good soundcard in the same sentance.
Firstly, I didn't say Soundblaster. Secondly, creative makes the best sound cards especially for gaming.

Plantronics DSP-500 headphones are the ONLY headphones for gaming. They are the best. You do not need a soundcard as these headphones have their own. They have selectable sound fields, when your listening to music, they just straight bump like crazy. When using them for gaming, you can hear footsteps from every direction, 10times louder/clearer than anything I have experienced.

Hands down, Plantronics DSP-500's ARE the best headphones available.

P.S. I am in the multimedia field and work with this stuff daily. I've been in the multimedia field for over 12 years. This stuff is my life. DSP's are a big part of my gaming and music listening arsenal.

No way, having a sound card such as the audigy 2 ZS will give you far better audio than USB headset audio. And it will also take a load of your processor and probably boost your fps/reduce lag. Not only that but I think surruond sound is crutial and the DSP-500 are not surround sound.

I recommend either audigy 2 ZS or if you have the money, audigy 4 pro.. and zalman surround sound headphones with the microphone.

If you have lotsa noise to block out (like your roommate) or don't wanna blast out your ear drums drowning out your roommate, get noise cancelling ones

Oh beware of the salesman...they claim they can hear the 'extra sound quality' but they really can't...they're just deaf from proving that they have better ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom