headeahe eye problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
you could also reduce the brightness a little. if you can actually notice a flicker on a tft, you should be investing on a better one, or try and get it replaced or something.

yea exactly. they are meant to be wayyy better on ur eyes than a crt. it must be broken.

Heyyo,

They work fine man. Banks all use them for CRT's I dunno aboot LCD's. Most LCD's say they come with somekindof "anti-glare" junk.. then again LCD's don't really suffer from glare since they ain't made of glass.

Now, yes, refresh rate as high as you can go. Definately try to keep the lighting in the room the same with your monitor. If you're inna dark room, close to your monitor? it's gonna hurt. Now, I go for a yearly eye checkup since I use comps quite a bit, especially in my soon to be field of work with computers as a paid techhie. My optomitrist suggest that for every 20 mins I stare at a comp screen, I look away for 10 seconds or so. So if you're loading a program, or if you're gaming and you're loading a level? look away, maybe strech your arms n' back. It'll help. ;)

Yes, older monitor's are definately harder on the eyes man. anti-glare screens are highly-reccomended if you use it a lot.

Also, yeah, just like your parents said with the tv, "don't stare too close, you'll hurt your eyes" cause it's true. and yeah, most of use are less than 2 feet from our monitors. That's why I love my comp chair.. a La-Z-boy recliner. I just put a pillow on my lap (don't want the keyboard tray to indent on my arm-rests now do I?), put a keyboard onnit, then recline, n' game. It's very nice guys, and my eyes never hurt me when I do this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom