HDMI-DVI + monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhosken

Beta member
Hi guys,

I've recently purchased a 24 inch Dell widescreen monitor running at a resolution of 1920 x 1200. I currently have it hooked up to my computer through a DVI cable, however I would also like to use it for playing a PS3 that I'm just about to pull the trigger on and purchase.

The monitor came with a HDMI-DVI cable which I figure would be great to use with the PS3, however as mentioned my computer is currently utlising the DVI connection. What are my options here?

I want the best connections that will give me the best quality possible for both my PC display and the PS3, especially in terms of colour for the PC (photo editing). Should I revert to using a VGA connection for my PC? Is it possible to buy some kind of 2 into 1 DVI connector so I could continue to use DVI for both the PC and PS3 and manually switch between the two?

The inputs for the monitor are DVI, VGA, composite video, S-video and component video.

Thanks for any help

sorry misunderstood earlier.... i'd say graphically you'd want DVI set up for your compy... because colors will be more true.. but i'm sure you can live w/ some small color distortion of the d-sub(vga), while having ps3 hooked up to hdmi if you absolutely have to play at 1080p

I love how crisp everything is w/ dvi. I would do what atomic suggested. Look on ebay or something. They have them w/ remotes and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom