HDMI to Displayport adapter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

porgorg

Baseband Member
I'm connecting a laptop with HDMI to a Dell U2311's displayport however it's not picking up the signal.
I'm not sure if I'm answering my own question but after a bit of research a few posts have said that you can't have the DP as the input [to the monitor] if you have HDMI as output [from the visual source], you have to either have it vise-versa or just displayport to displayport.

Just asking for confirmation of this as I was sent a replacement cable after I believed the first didn't work, now I've got two of these cables which are probably both fine but I've got no other way of testing them.

Apparently it is possible to go from HDMI to Displayport but you have to use an active adapter which cost about £50+. May as well buy a new monitor :sick: :silent:

Those adapters are meant to go from a DisplayPort source to the HDMI input of a display and do not work in the opposite direction.

Your best option is getting an HDMI-> DVI cable and using that with the monitors DVI input.

Oh, okay. So it's just not possible to from HDMI video to a Displayport display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom