HDD prolem - sector

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeofSanity

Beta member
I've got myself an Maxtor 6Y080L0 - 80 GB, and it's been giving me quite a few problems the past few days.

Analysis:

-Im on XP pro.
-512 DDR
-Intel P4 2,8

Whenever I log into Windows, my entire system runs stuck. I've tested my system with another PC. Came to the conclusion that it's not my CPU or any other hardware matic problem, except for my HDD. I've put in another HDD and tested it out with this system. it ran just fine.

My question is, is there anyone out here whom knows of any HDD tools, or certain ways to locate if it's an problem with a sector, or even a software matic problem?
I dont feel like formatting the entire disk just yet, and yes, Im not even certain that will solve the problem.

When im in Safe Mode, my system runs MUCH longer, however when I do a scan or any other memory swallowing applications on run.. it gets stuck.
Imagine how this is like when im in normal mode...

Anyone got any analysis-plans to go through, to check up on certain things? any help will I've got myself an Maxtor 6Y080L0 80 GB, and it's been giving me quite a few problems the past few days.

Analysis:

-Im on XP pro.
-512 DDR
-Intel P4 2,8

Whenever I log into Windows, my entire system runs stuck. I've tested my system with another PC. Came to the conclusion that it's not my CPU or any other hardware matic problem, except for my HDD. I've put in another HDD and tested it out with this system. it ran just fine.

My question is, is there anyone out here whom knows of any HDD tools, or certain ways to locate if it's an problem with a sector, or even a software matic problem?
I dont feel like formatting the entire disk just yet, and yes, Im not even certain that will solve the problem.

When im in Safe Mode, my system runs MUCH longer, however when I do a scan or any memory swallowing applications on run.. it gets stuck.

Anyone got any analysis-steps to go through for me? ANY help will I've got myself an Maxtor 6Y080L0 80 GB, and it's been giving me quite a few problems the past few days.

Analysis:

-Im on XP pro.
-512 DDR
-Intel P4 2,8

When im in Safe Mode, my system runs MUCH longer, however when I do a scan or any memory swallowing applications on run.. it gets stuck.

Anyone got any analysis steps for me to go through? any help will e very much appreciated.

It's worse than you think. Read reviews of that maxtor 80GB hard disk and you will find many users are experiecing hardware failure. Your hard disk is malfunctioning. Backup your data now or risk losing it all. Next time do not buy hard disks from maxtor and try to get a refund or exchange for your hard disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom