HDD and DVD wont work at same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftEyeBlind

In Runtime
Howdy, When I built my computer a couple of weeks ago I accidently broke pine 21 (or 19, the one opposite of the key) ...Anyways, I broke the pin off of the ide hdd and couldn't get it to boot, Luckily I had a 60gb SATA laying about and I just hooked that up (I was excited to test my new stuff) ...Well eventually I remembered why I upgraded to a 200gb drive because that 60gb filled up pretty fast, So I opened up the computer and gave it another try.... I found out I can get the 200gb to boot up perfectly with the 60gb if I unhook the power to the dvd rom, but when the power is hooked up the computer will just stall in bios and have a difficult time (sometimes not getting past the first screen, sometimes giving me the PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK error)

The mobo has only one ide slot so of course the dvd and hdd are both hooked together, I've tried rotating the cord and whatnot, no luck. I know the pin I broke was a Ground pin, must not be too important since the hdd will still work fine with the 60gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom