hdd acting wierd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
ok ive ben trying to add a hdd a 15 gb one. and when i add it on the ide cable when i enter the bios under the cmos i get this IDE Secondary Master : Ouz}^su60qw3p64at. under the name and plus it add to the main drive so know it 127gb's when im trying to add it as a 2nd hdd.

ok i know that this hdd is a15gb but know i pulled it and put as master and i started it up and it came a Mb and its loading windows 98 what the hell man.

how did u setup the pins on the HDDS? Whats ur normal OS? do you have several in multiboot?

try this

if you are sure that you have properly set your hdd's jumper settings.... atleast either of the 2 drives should be a master or a slave.... and instead of getting the real name of the hdd you get different characters such as the ones you posted.... try replacing your IDE cables... in some cases these cables get worn out especially when you usually attach and detach hardrives to your pc.... just make sure that htere is no conflict between the 2 hdd's in terms of who is master and who is the slave drive...
hope this helps....

one more thing you should check your hdd's for illustration on how to setup the jumpers properly.... basically seagate's jumperr settings is the same as maxtor's settings but hte two are different from that of western digital and other hardrives.... just to make sure check the illustrations....

ok well illltry to find a other cable, and my main OS is windows, and no i dont have muiltboot i dont know how to do that, i had set the pins right the first one weent into the first hdd and in bios it said master, the other one i had put in as slave but it didnt show up, and it had put it into the other hdd adding it self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom