HD won't show on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traicer

Baseband Member
i just got this 160Gb hard drive from Samsung and shows up on the bios, also shows up under device manager, but it wont show up on my computer, with the C or D drive label, im not able to save anything anyone know whats wrong, anyone able to help me with this problem?

uummm im not sure if this would help but have u got the jumper settings right on both the hard drives? your original hard drive should have the jumper set to "Master w/ slave present" (diagram on the harddrive shows you where to have the jumper for this setting) and the other harddrive should be set to "slave"

yea the motherboard detects the two HDD, but windows won't give it a drive (C:,D:) or what ever its call it shows up on device manager and i tryed unistalling and installing again but didn't work

did you format the drive ?Double left click my computer locate the drive right click and select format.

have a look in your disk manager and see what it says.
Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Disk Manager

ok under disk manager it says unallocated, thats all, what does this mean? my other HDD says healthy, how do i allocated if thats whats wrong?

try right clicking it and assigning it to a letter. or in the properties of it there might be something. sorry i cant b more specific

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom