Hd question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAznPrid3x

In Runtime
ok i have a laptop and its a 12 gb and something happened to it when it fell off a chair, when you turn on the comp it goes to when you press f8 at start up and if you click on safe, or normal it goes to a blue screen that says couldnt find or open i think and then it also has a thing saying its dumping memory then starts over and repeats the same. So i have another hd which is a 15 gb not formatted and its the same brand name as my old one, but when i put it in my comp it says like its not the right one and replace and click alt ctrl delete and same thing pops up, but when i put it on this laptop and different one (IBM Thinkpad i series) it works fine but all these new hardwere bs but im trying to put it on my comp but it wont work so im woundering if someone would help me figure out on how to make the 15 gb hd work on my laptop. And i was woundering what GHOSTING A HD? thanks

i don't know much about laptop internals etc, but you may have a damaged hardware issue especially since you said you dropped the laptop. try the old one that was in it in the other laptop and see if that boots up as well.

ya it works on my other laptop but the graphics and stuff is all ugly looking but when i put it in my comp its reads an error so im trying to figure out on how to formatt the 15 gb hd and stick it on my laptop, but also i dont know anything about formatting. Note this comp im on has no floppy drive nor a XP reinstall disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom