HD problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

vierstein

Solid State Member
I have two hard drives, one with windows installed, and the other with miscelanious things.
i recently overclocked my cpu, and windows became unstable after 2.5 ( i have a p4 2.0), so i set it back to 2.43.
today i noticed that both my partitions, on the non-windows drive read local disk as their name (they previously had different names) , and when i tried to go into them it says:
disk is not acesible
file or directory is corrupt and unreadable
i tried chkdsk, in the command line, which also says the drive is corrupt, and stops :(
please help
thanks.

well what version of windows??? also you can use the bootup menu if its 2k/xp to get to the cmd prompt or 95-98 you can just restart the system in dos

psychobrigade00 said:
go to dos and type scandisk :)

lol not quite. Boot your pc dos (command prompt) with a Win98 disk. at the A: prompt, type "scandisk". That should do it.

ok wehn booting up you should be able to press F8 i think it is to access the boot menu and you should be able to choose command prompt only then you can do scandisk there

Lostman said:
lol not quite. Boot your pc dos (command prompt) with a Win98 disk. at the A: prompt, type "scandisk". That should do it.

thing is if ya do what i do which is format c: /s it puts scandisk on the drive.......forgot not everyone does that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom