hd moniter no signal plz help - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: hd moniter no signal plz help

thanks lasvegascomputer. Unfortunately ur steps didnot solve the problem. when I get to step 6, I am back to square one (i.e. no signal on the moniter). I cant try the gtx460 in another pc because the only other pc I have, has a 305W psu which is not enough to power the gtx460. And no my case was not overheating, and I didnot damage the card, in fact the problem started before I even opened the case.

here's whats new:

ok so I have done some further research and none of the threads I found, which describe the same problem, have offered a solution, except for one.
In this thread (Palit GTX 460 problem - Almost driving me crazy - nV News Forums) the op said that flashing the vga's bios solved the problem.
So is this something you guys would recommend? or do you guys have any other suggestions?
can someone please help me out here? I have been researching and troubleshooting this problem for 2 weeks now and cant find a solution!

here's another thread (No display after upgrading to GTX 460 - TechSpot OpenBoards) I found with the exact same problem but no solution, so I am not alone in this.

Closed Thread

Posting Rules