hd going bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
ok another hd is going bad of mine.. i think wd sucks now lol.. third bad drive in less than a year, anyways..

So i thought it was my c drive which is like.. hardly 2 months old, but I wanted to be sure, so i unplugged my d drive and now it takes like 3 minutes to find the drive in the bios, but then it sits there.. on the post screen. Both drives do the exact same thing, I can't boot from a cd or get into my bios, it just.. locks up and sits there, but when i have both drives plugged in it'll run fine.. more or less lol..

The cable is fine, psu is fine, the jumpers are correct, etc... If anyone has a clue as to why these hard drives need a hdbuddy to run hehe, please lemme know, ty

Master/slave settings are the only thing I can think of. Never seen a problem like that before, and I've done much PC Troubleshooting. Have you double-checked all of your BIOS settings?

yea yea.. everything's fine i'm literally clueless as to how this can happen.. I've tried everything, using both connections on the cable, switching psu lines, changing the jumpers, and it's.. i dunno hah, this sucks though, i need to replace yet another WD hard drive and i'm all screwed up now..

Get Maxtor, man. I know another forum member says they catch fire, but that is the only time I've ever heard of such a thing happening..lol

This is weird. Try booting up with basic system. (1 RAM stick no cd or floppy etc..) You will not be able to boot with both since one of them does not have the OS but you should be able to enter BIOS. Try your OS HDD in both IDE slots. Maybe your MOBO is going on you. Have you tried your HDD on another computer to check if you can access them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom