HD is 82G but win/my coputer reads only 2.1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacocy99

Beta member
:confused: My HD is A 82G hitachi 7200rpm. I formated it wrong because it is only ready as a 2.1G in my WIN ME . How do I fix this or do I just wipe it clean and start over. And how would you wipe the HD clean and start over. I already down loaded everything I wanted on it. So I'm guessing I loose it all?

Yes you need to format that sucker again. I think you can set the partition size in blocks. Set the beginning block at the lowest number and the ending block at the highest number it allows. I'm not sure if Windows ME allows you to edit that but I think i remember doin that on my XP and Red Hat systems.

I almost forgot... to start over you need to set your BIOS to boot from CDROM first. Then insert your OS cd and let it boot up. When you get to the formatting part set it to NTFS or FAT32, I reccommend FAT32, then go ahead and do what I said in the last post. then set it to do a full format ""not quick"" this might take about an hour. I haven't done this with ME but it works with XP so if you have any problems com back and post it here.

hey download this program.. i lost a lot of space on my drive, so i formated with this program "east-tec formatsource" it worked great

musjunk is right, although Windows ME does not support NTFS partitions, so you will have to do with 2 FAT32's and one smaller FAT32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom