Having major computer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brina8106

Beta member
Ok so here is the situation. I was given a Dell Latitude E6510 it had Windows 7 on it but the previous owner downgraded it to XP then tried to upgrade it back to 7. Now it is not detecting any drivers, any internet, etc. I have tried reinstalling 7 from the disc but nothing it does the same thing every time. Basically it does nothing. I am not very computer savvy when it comes to those areas. So if anyone could please help me figure this out let me know. Thank you ahead of time.

Are you trying to upgrade or do a full format and reinstallation? I would suggest formatting the drive completely then reinstalling from scratch.

I think that would be a good idea but I don't know how to do that. I've tried looking it up but can't find anything. Everything I find says use the disc but that hasn't worked for me.

You need to boot off the Windows 7 DVD. You should just be able to hit F12 after POST, before the Windows splash comes up. And choose to boot off the DVD-rom.

I've tried booting it from the Windows 7 disk but it still doesn't detect any drivers on the computer

do you mean drives? Hard drives? If it doesn't detect it, your hard drive may be bad. Does it detect it during POST?

Ok it will not detect the wireless or Ethernet drivers it says there are none there. It is picking up the usb, cd/dvd drive, etc just not the ones to connect to the internet.

I think you misunderstand us. What are you trying to accomplish? At first it sounded like you wanted to install Windows 7. Now your are talking about drivers. Doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom