Havin a little problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laxboy15

Baseband Member
Hey guys i am havin a little problem with my video card ( at least i think its my video card). Usuallly, when i start up my comp or in games there are green or purple bars streaming through display. Along with that problem, when playing games somne parts of the game have multicolored boxes or distorted npc's and charecters along with that bar problem.
So whats the problem here? I heard it was overheating but with many fans and a computer temp of the high 90's i doubted that. ( i tried turning the comp off overnight and througout the day but the problem persists.) BTW its a brand ner comp with a Sapphire Radeon 9800 pro 256mb
Thx guys
Laxboy

Have you check that all the pins on both the GFX card/ monitor cable are all in good cond. Make sure none are bent, also has your GPX card had all the correct drivers installed or updated... Have you tried putting the GRX card in a diffrent AGP (or PCI) slot?? Also maybe you should put your GPX card in a mates PC and see if it does the same thing to determine if it is the GRX card.

James

"Feild Of Vision..."

Here's one... If your card comply's with part ? (who-and-the-what-not?) of the FCC standards for electronic devices, it shouldn't cause radiation, but accept any radiation from any outher electronic device... Check around your monitor (And your card) for things that might cause radiation. :cool:

My worked had a similar problem with the monitor displaying weird colors and it was a bent/shorted pin on the monitor.

ok just switched monitors to see if it was the its fault rather then the card. When the other monitor was hooked up the same thing occured, wierd colors and many lines (used different cords of course). So the problem must be the card and how iits seated or it might need some cleaning.
and what is with the radition stuff, heeh that was a new one.
But i highly doubt that radiation is the problem becuase this problem occured randomly and i dont think i put anything near my comp since it worked and not worked
But what sort of things would cause radition

Any other potential problems for this occcurence?

U will have to clean ur card.
There can also be a problem with the socket of ur card.
It could also result due to corrupted drivers.

Ok reinstalled drivers but now theres a bigger problem. At first i thouhgt i cured the problem but now its gone wrong. When start up the comp there are boxes of little colors apear all over screen and then the screen blanks out and turns black, the little light from the monitor turns from green to orange. Do u guys still think its a cleaning problem or has it gone worse?

your agp or vga is not in place....!!!! or its got corbon...!
take your card out and clean it with a contact spray and also clean your agp or pci slot ... if it still happens get a new card...!!!

sounds like a burnt out card to me.. how long have you had tihs card? get a friends vid card and put it in your comp.. see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom