Havin a little problem.... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2004, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Havin a little problem....

Hey guys i am havin a little problem with my video card ( at least i think its my video card). Usuallly, when i start up my comp or in games there are green or purple bars streaming through display. Along with that problem, when playing games somne parts of the game have multicolored boxes or distorted npc's and charecters along with that bar problem.
So whats the problem here? I heard it was overheating but with many fans and a computer temp of the high 90's i doubted that. ( i tried turning the comp off overnight and througout the day but the problem persists.) BTW its a brand ner comp with a Sapphire Radeon 9800 pro 256mb
Thx guys

Old 07-05-2004, 10:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Have you check that all the pins on both the GFX card/ monitor cable are all in good cond. Make sure none are bent, also has your GPX card had all the correct drivers installed or updated... Have you tried putting the GRX card in a diffrent AGP (or PCI) slot?? Also maybe you should put your GPX card in a mates PC and see if it does the same thing to determine if it is the GRX card.

Scott Mueller is my hero.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

thx any other opinions?
Old 07-06-2004, 11:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to ATIRAGEPRO Send a message via Yahoo to ATIRAGEPRO
Cool "Feild Of Vision..."

Here's one... If your card comply's with part ? (who-and-the-what-not?) of the FCC standards for electronic devices, it shouldn't cause radiation, but accept any radiation from any outher electronic device... Check around your monitor (And your card) for things that might cause radiation.

Originally posted by bonehelm

I just found out I\'ve been using direct X 8.1 since its out.
He who knows when enough is enough will always have enough... - Lao Tzu
Old 07-06-2004, 11:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

My worked had a similar problem with the monitor displaying weird colors and it was a bent/shorted pin on the monitor.
You light\'em we fight\'em
Old 07-06-2004, 12:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Techie

ok just switched monitors to see if it was the its fault rather then the card. When the other monitor was hooked up the same thing occured, wierd colors and many lines (used different cords of course). So the problem must be the card and how iits seated or it might need some cleaning.
and what is with the radition stuff, heeh that was a new one.
But i highly doubt that radiation is the problem becuase this problem occured randomly and i dont think i put anything near my comp since it worked and not worked
But what sort of things would cause radition

Any other potential problems for this occcurence?
Old 07-06-2004, 12:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to rakesh_1024

U will have to clean ur card.
There can also be a problem with the socket of ur card.
It could also result due to corrupted drivers.

P4 1.6GHZ Willamette core 400MHZ FSB 256KB L2 cache
Intel 845WN Mobo
256mb SD-RAM
Nvidia Riva Tnt2 M64 G-card
40GB Seagate 5400rpm HDD
300Watt PSU
Intex Cabinet
15 LG Studioworks563N
Creative Inspire2400 2.1 speakers
52x Samsung CD Burner
Old 07-06-2004, 03:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Ok reinstalled drivers but now theres a bigger problem. At first i thouhgt i cured the problem but now its gone wrong. When start up the comp there are boxes of little colors apear all over screen and then the screen blanks out and turns black, the little light from the monitor turns from green to orange. Do u guys still think its a cleaning problem or has it gone worse?
Old 07-06-2004, 04:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
True Techie

your agp or vga is not in place....!!!! or its got corbon...!
take your card out and clean it with a contact spray and also clean your agp or pci slot ... if it still happens get a new card...!!!
Old 07-06-2004, 04:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
True Techie

sounds like a burnt out card to me.. how long have you had tihs card? get a friends vid card and put it in your comp.. see how it goes.

_Abit IS7-E
_P4 Northwood 2.8C Ghz HT
_Kingston 512 DDR400 Ram [2x 256]
_Radeon 9600XT
_SoundBlaster Audigy
_Awesome looking white plain case with cool green and red power/HD lights, and a newely acquired Intel P4 sticker!
Closed Thread