Have you ever been electrically grounded by touching the exteriors of your CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Electrically grounded? Cpu? No But i have been not very smart left the computerr plugged in and fried a mobo by unplugging the i\o switch.

you mean the exteriors of your case? If so then yes. You should always ground yourself to your case (by an anti-static strap) to get all the static out of your body. This is because static electricity (the thing that somtiems zaps you when you touch metal) can destroy sensitive materials such as RAM and your CPU.

You say..."electrically grounded". I think what you mean is "electrically shocked?"

No, I've never been electrically shocked by touching the case. Yes, I have grounded myself (everytime I touch the something inside the case) by touching the case.

Sithspawn said it perfectly. The purpose of touching the case is to "ground" yourself.

are you sure its just static? how come that my cpu has an electrifying "static" in it. you literally mean you ground yourself on the exterior cover of your cpu? this wasnt happening before. just until a technician fixed the IDE devices on it. this is very weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom