Hardware questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

webworm99

Beta member
I am new at this part.

On motherboard, I put a power supply in and hook it all up.
On this computer, I am getting no power except for a green light on the motherboard.

On an older motherboard, I notice there is no plug-in for the power supply-is that normal?

Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

there has to be some type of plug on the mother board to get power to it and everything that connects to the mobo

and for the first part of your question...is everything like cpu, hd, ram, and video card hooked into the mobo?

Try to get the instructions of your mobo on the website of the constructor it will surely help you...

Is everything like cpu, hd, ram, and video card hooked into the mobo? Yes. Im see a green light on the main board.

On the other computer. i/o cables are the only thing that is plug-in the mainboard. I will have to look at an older computer to see if it is uses i/o cable. I possible need to get an older power supply. This one did not come with a power supply.

I was wandering if the i/o cable are plugged-in incorrectly.
I just got these two computers for free (needs work).
I think they look bad inside. The brand name is Power Spec Pc.

Just gives me some practice installing stuff.

Some motherboards have TWO power connecters that have to be connected to the psu for anythingto work. The second one is often small (compared to the main connection)

Right, the Mobo plugs into all devices like HDD etc etc, the PSU plugs into the mobo and things that are not situated on the motherboard.

Thank you all for the help.

I finally got the second computer running. :)
I found the power supply outlet on the mainboard. It was hidden.

However, I have no picture. :(

Unfortunately with this system, the monitor runs off graphics cards-no on-board video.

no onboard video isnt' alll that bad...
the graphics cards that fit into that odd looking longer (typically brown) slot called AGP slot are actually much better in most cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom