Hardware issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah a rebuild, i re seated the cpu, new thermal paste, reseated ram, graphics card, unplugged all mobo cables and fit them back into all devices e.t.c.

i cant back up all my files, i formatted cause it wouldnt let me get into desktop even in safe mode. wouldnt let me repair either using the win xp cd.

i did do a clean install of xp, and even tried creating a new raid0 array. when it loads to desktop, the drives still only show partial size, and its still messed up with pauses, loud noise e.t.c

yeah even though alienware is expensive, you get 3 years of hassle free pc for an extra $500.

wow, yea, but if you've got that extra $500, you'd probably spend it on a new 6800gt and some other stuff other than that feeling that your computer would be hassle free for 3 years

try RMAing/returning your hard drives or go to www.westerndigital.com and get an RMA there, that seems to be your only option left

btw, where did you get your hdd's

overclockers.co.uk

and what if its not the hard drives?
i dont have a second pc to swap parts out to find the problem.
i tryed new sata cables, didnt work though, im wondering what part is the problem so i can replace it rather then buying parts which could still be fine.....

with alienware, i would of already purchased the top system so that $500 would go toward 3 year gaurantee

because the ide drive wont have any meaning with the raid problem, i tried a new psu but no change, all the fans are running. but raid 0 is still only 54% of what its supposed to be, i also recently had major artifacts in game and the pc shut itself off????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom