Hardware issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxide

Solid State Member
i was playing world of warcraft a few days ago when in game it started to get choppy, and started to pause frequently. i thought the cpu was overheating so i shut down the pc for a while, when i powered back on, i couldnt boot into desktop and couldnt get in through safe mode either.
"failed to load several win/system32/drivers"

i formatted and got into desktop, installed mobo drivers, graphics drivers e.t.c windows updates, anti virus. i reinstalled World of warcraft, but now im getting the same pauses, and the pc is making a seeking noise (buzzing) whenever i open menus and lags/pauses for a while. im also getting low frames per second and artifacts in game.

3.2ghz northwood
2 X 74gb raptors in raid 0
9800xt
abit ic7-max3
1gb 3200

after the format, it said raid 0 failed on bootup, rebooted itself and then raid 0 was "normal" but the actual raid 0 volume is only 50% of what its size should be, aswell as my IDE drive i use for back up is only 50% of its normal size. generally the whole pc is sluggish, and has become very loud, ive checked the temps they are fine. it was working perfectly before it crashed for 1 year. any solutions? thanks.

what power supply r u using?
from your hardwares specs, i can c that is need a bigger power .
i think at least u should have a true 400watts PSU.

what brand of 550w ??

umm, try a complete rebuild.. take out everything and rebuild it. if its not working, just try taking out parts and see whats actually causign u problems. If i had to make a guess. id say it would be something with the HD plugs on ur mobo which are malfunctioning

yea rebuild, after u build the main parts andd the lets say pci's 1 by 1 and seconds hads and figure whats wrong

sounds like a PSU problem to me, what brand of PSU?

think the noise could be a fan getting weird power?

its antec true control 550w, the noise also buzzes when scrolling with mouse wheel.

i did a rebuild. games are pausing, choppy. things take forever to load on desktop, but all fans are working, all voltages are normal in bios.

its something with the hard drives or mobo, i dont get why its only showing half the total storage?? and then it says on bootup 300gb drive? i dont get it....its like the ide has combined with the 2 raid drives.....i shoulda bought an alienware

lol, alienwares overprice their stuff by at least $500 and takes forever to ship (even though their stuff are good)

and ur antec truepower 550 is a quality psu, so i wouldn't worry about that

oh, and what's a rebuild? you could try backing up all your files on another computer and do a clean install of win xp again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom