Hardware Failure..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Yeah so this has happened about 3 times now...I'm sitting here then the monitor simply goes blank, comp doesn't restart..and when I restarted this time...it said windows restarted because of hardware failure, drivers failed to draw the correct crap on the screen is basically what it said...I'm using the 66.81 WHQL signed drivers from guru3D, but it did this on the 66.71 drivers for me too, is it the card or what? I have it OC'd currently, and each time the card has done what it's done I've set the OC back just a little bit more....and I've also turned my Vcore down because at first I thought it was system instability. Here's the report I got:

szAppname: Drivers.Display
szModNam: nv4_disp.dll
szAppVer: 10DE0342A100000000
szModVer: 6.14.10.6681
Offset: E97D06EA

Anyone ever run across this before?

Thanks all ;)

- Nubius

Its a driver problem... but u probably already know.
They are "corrupted". Maybe there's a fix on the guru3d site?

I think u should go back to the Nvidia drivers.

I think u should go back to the Nvidia drivers.
Yeah but like I said, it was doing it with the 66.77 latest nvidia forceware drivers too...hmm well actually now I can't remember if I had 66.71 or 66.77 beforehand =/

I don't know, the whole point of the 66.81 being WHQL Signed was to ensure that they were good workable drivers, guess not?

Hmmmm.....your question now queues me to go look for different drivers. To answer your question, I don't have any updated, so I used the drivers on the CD. I'm sure the chipset and AGP controller both have and coule use an update, I'll try it out. Thanks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom