Hardware Expert Needed 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
How has your previous post not been answered? Not only did you get numerous posts saying a new card would work many people gave you suggestions for a new card.

Every card you've been looking at is AGP 8x, you could put a 6600GT in there and it'd work.

You say 'Its just the AGP issue' but what is your issue that hasn't already been answered quite a few times? Your board supports AGP4x, therefore any AGP card will work in it but of course an AGP8x card will only work at AGP4x which isn't a huge decrease in performance

Nubius, I'm sorry if I offended you here by anything. I've been paying 500% attention to anything anyone's said to me here. The thing is the version issue.

The PDF I linked to says I need AGP 3.0 or better. But the specs I just wrote (My computer) says I have AGP 2.0....

lol man I'm not offended, I'm just saying your question has been answered a few times already, I don't understand what you're still on because you've got numerous people saying 'It will work'

The AGP 2.0 in other terms means AGP4x which is what you have. I've put an AGP8x(which is AGP3.0) card in an AGP4x slot before and it still works, the difference is in the 'architecture' of the bus if you will. It just won't be working at the maximum effiency your card can deliver, but you won't notice a huge hit in performance because of it or anything like that.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who's put a 8x card in a 4x slot before either.

Come to think of it I had a friend who had the same thing for quite some time.

Nubius,

You've helped me more than anyone who has helped me on the computer has ever helped me.

Thank you so much and sorry to bother you.

Ahh nah man you ddidn't bother me at all, don't think that. I know how it is to be paranoid about something to work, trust me, my first post here was 'How do you select a PSU' and hell I didn't even know how you connected multiple fans haha, I was a complete noob.

But there's a lot of other knowledgable people here too and most....notice I say most and not all lol, do know what they are talking about and that card should work in your system no probs. Many people have done that.

It would be if your mobo was only AGP 2x that you'd have problems because of different voltages, but you should be good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom