Hardware Depreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzio

Baseband Member
ok so what is the harware depreciation after say 1 year? so like how much in value does the hardware go down. Like 10% or 25% or 50% ?? beacuse me and my brother bought a computer half/half together and i was wondering how much he would have to pay me if he bought the rest of it. BTW it was 1000 dollars

k thanks a lot in advance !!

It really depends on the hardware itself. Decreases can be anywhere from ten to sixty percent per year.

hmmm thanks, so how could i figure out what each hardware pieces depreciation is? maybe just the main ones like Video Cards, Motherboards, Harddrive, RAM, and the Proccesor?

Yup, if you guys built it yourself then it'd really depend on the parts that are in there now then you'd have to get a rough estimate about how much each part costs by just going and looking up the same part and how much it cost. If you got it through Dell...or something similar to that, basically a prebuilt machine....then I'd say it'd depreciate rather quickly, the prebuilt ones are made to last about a year and then stop so that you have to get a new one :) ahhh the wonders of economy.... It's a prebuilt I'd say anywhere between $400-600 is the value especially since now-a-days even prebuilt computers like dell and such are getting cheap. You can usually buy a prebuilt one for like $600 with decent options I suppose. So get back to us on the specs of whats in there and if you built it yourself etc..etc.. and we could give you a more appropriate estimate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom