Hardware or Cable problem.. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePCmaN

In Runtime
i know theres a Networking category to post in but im not sure what the problem is, and i know this one gets the most responses to threads... but feel free to move the thread if needed.

OK!.. i built a new PC ( in my SiG ).. and it seems that the cable runs decently well when im just downloading music, on AIM, on the internet, etc... but when i start playin Guild Wars and CS.. i lag bad, my ping shoots up real high.. in Guild Wars, my game will slow down.. and freeze up, sometimes it will just close out and then itll close anything thats usin internet connection (ventrilo, and w.e else) along with it... and im pretty sure that parts like mine cant get LAG like im gettin... so please help!! thanks :)

ok... maybe i could be a little wrong, it kinda messes up when i start usin the forum n what not.. hmm..

any help??

What is your connection speed? Web browsing, etc wont seem that different on a super fast connection as compared to a kinda slow connection. Since games are bandwidth hogs, you might be running low on the ol' BW.

well... my download speed when im not playing a game is.. usually close to 3 Mbps... and my Upload speed is usually close to or around 400 kbps... and thats not bad at all... but i know it changes when i start gaming.. cuz my game in guild wars freezes up and i sometimes loose connection all together... and it cant be my graphics card... a 6800 OC 128MB 256-bit.. that shouldnt lag in CS 1.6 or Guild Wars..

and ive been using FireFox for along time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom