Harddrive messed up maybe i duuno?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surion

Baseband Member
Ok i was trying to install xp on my harddrive and i get a error mess saying partmrg.sys crashed when i was trying to format and now when i try to format or do anything it says the harddrive cant be formated or what ever am i truly screwed or what?

Ok never mind guys after i posted this i tryed it again and it seems to be working now so we will so how it gose.

ok cancel that last post now it wont boot. Damn windows xp damn microsoft. Any ideas out there now that i sure its not working?

No linux. And your talking about the problem where the computer cant
find the NT something files yea. But now when i turn the laptop on it makes this weird nose but damnit . Windows is now on my have to kill list.

Have you tried deleting all the partitions on the drive first using the xp installer?

well, if it IS a bad HDD then why blame MS?? Try and remove all partitions (like listed above) and if that doesn't work or it has problems then write zeros to the drive and continue from there. Also, try and reseat the IDE cables.

Reburn the XP CD very slowly, CD's must be kept in good condition since the installer is SOO picky.

First off i blame ms because the computer crashed while i was formating from some dumb windows error. and i cant do anything with the harddrive cuz i dunnno.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom